Wednesday, August 27, 2008

House of Pain Mafia

When you were little, didn't you love to have a sleepover at your friend's house and stay up late and play dress up? Did you try on Mom's make up and pearls and put on Dad's shoes and thump around the living room, proudly showing off your newly acquired attire?

Apparently that's something that takes a while to get out of your blood. Maybe it never does.

Something woke me up about 3:00 in the morning last Saturday night and I sat up in bed, listening for a minute. It took me a second to realize it was just the boys, still awake, goofing off with their friend Chase. I went back to sleep.

Sunday morning, as I was yelling at everyone that we were late for church, I noticed my camera sitting out on the counter. I immediately turned it on to see what the kids had been up to in the wee hours of the night. This picture is what I found.

As if this wasn't funny enough by itself, I saw that all the boys were in the picture...meaning not only did they get all dressed up and find toy guns, not only did they go into the sunroom and pose in front of my great-aunt's quilt, but they did all this and stared hard-core at a camera that must have been sitting on Caleb's bunk bed with the timer on. I wonder how long they had to hold those aren't-you-scared-of-me stares on their faces before the flash finally went off!

I swear, I love my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

other than evan tanner's topknot(RIP), this is probably the funniest thing i have ever seen.