Friday, August 22, 2008

Yay for summer 08

So school started yesterday. I read some of my friends' posts as they sent little ones off for their first day and how bittersweet is was...wow. I don't relate.

As of December our boys will be 16, 19, and 20. I am practically living with four full-grown men! They are in 10th, 11th, and 12th grades and I always look forward to school starting back.

This year, however, I am sooo not ready for summer to be over. It was the greatest summer I've ever had. It was the first summer since I was 13 that I haven't had a job where someone else determined my schedule. Wrestling shorts and old navy tank tops were my attire of choice. Daily. Yes, even to meetings. Hot dogs or Little Caesars graced our dinner table. Yes, almost nightly. And I have had the oil changed in the Yukon four times this summer because of all the miles we put on it since June...so many road trips!

This picture really says it all. We have enjoyed our boys so much this summer. We have enjoyed our dogs, our family times, our vacation, and even sometimes our jobs. Now that I don't own the Manna House anymore, I understand why people always love summers and Saturdays. Since I was 16, summers and Saturdays just meant more customers - now I know what the whole world has been doing while I was behind a cash register! :)

1 comment:

A Peaceful Place said...

Love it! Can't wait till I can enjoy a summer that way!! Keeping an eye on your blog for updates!
Love ya girl!
J