Friday, October 17, 2008

Dilema



So is there a certain etiquette for the acknowledgment of your recognition for the person driving behind you? The more time I spend in a small town, the more often I look in my rearview mirror and realize that I know the person behind me. It's not like I just recognize them and can act like I don't see them there, it's like, if I saw them face to face I would know them well enough to stand there and talk a few minutes.





But when I'm driving, I don't know what to do. My back windshield is tinted so if I raised my hand to wave, they wouldn't be able to see it. If I tap my brakes to give them a shoutout with the brakelights, I'd probably end up causing an accident. And what kind of fool would lean down and try to get their attention in the side mirrors - on the off chance they are actually looking in your side mirrors?




Oh, and there's no way they don't know who I am - my Yukon proudly displays an "EI" sticker for our favorite vacation spot, a Summerville Wrestling logo, and the all-time coveted SHS Football "S" - and the highlight? My swirly initials across the back, boldly announcing to the world that Amanda Leviner is driving the car in front of you.

So if you have any suggestions, please let me know - I am either left with driving around town like a stuck-up fool, or I may just look into a horse and buggy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is my suggestion:

1) If its Chad Crosby, just STEP ON IT... He's probably trying to get around you anyway.
2) If it's Trey Wade, slow down so he doesn't feel it necessary to write you a citation.
3) For all others, you could roll the window down and wave backwards, but then Trey might catch you for wreckless driving for taking your hands off the wheel! haha

Its a lose lose situation my friend... let me know if you find anything better! :)

Anonymous said...

just move to the opposite lane (going in the same direction)and slow down until they are next to you. Then you can roll the window down, wave or talk to them. The speed limit is only like 10 anyway! You might make other motorist behind you made, but WHO CARES anyway? At least you get to give a "shout out" to your friends!